Crib Notes: Jan. 30, 2014
1) As the 2014 New Mexico State Legislature convenes, how many of Governor Susana Martinez’ appointees to state office remain unconfirmed by that legislative body?
2) The number of New Mexicans who were members of _____________ declined during the past year.
a) a labor union
b) Cosa Nostra
c) a punk rock band
d) the proletariat
3) This year, Democratic legislators from New Mexico intend to make a priority of raising ___________________.
The Paris Review
b) awareness of a vast right-wing conspiracy
c) the minimum wage
d) money for their campaigns
4) What is the Heart of the City?
a) The corner of Bridge and Five Points, yo
b) A new hipster pub that features artisanal toast
c) This city has no heart.
d) A new, local collaborative art project
5) US Representative Steve Pearce (R-NM) continues to get press about statements he wrote about his wife and their marriage. In his latest book, Pearce maintains ________________________.
a) “The wife is to voluntarily submit …”
b) “The husband and wife are equal partners.”
c) “Women are smarter.”
d) “Marriage equality is a priority in my family.”
1) B. One-
2) A. Albuquerque Business First reporter Dennis Domrzalski reports union membership declined in 2013.
3) C. State Senator Michael Sanchez is behind efforts to introduce legislation raising the minimum wage.
4) D. Heart of the City is a collaborative art project and exhibition at 516 Arts, and it features local notables Suzanne Sbarge, Celia Alvarez Muñoz, Lizbeth Miscles and Diahndra Grill.
5) A. Pearce wrote about his marriage in traditional Biblical terms in his recently released book, Just Fly the Plane, Stupid! Since then the press has had a field day, except for the Albuquerque Journal which provided an accommodating wrist-slap.
Hike at Rinconada Canyon at Petroglyph National Monument
North Korea: Witness to Transformation at UNM Continuing Education Building
Learn & Earn by Certified Pure Therapeutic Essential Oils at Flying Star CaféMore Recommented Events ››