Crib Notes: Jan. 30, 2014
a) a labor union
b) Cosa Nostra
c) a punk rock band
d) the proletariat
b) awareness of a vast right-wing conspiracy
c) the minimum wage
d) money for their campaigns
a) The corner of Bridge and Five Points, yo
b) A new hipster pub that features artisanal toast
c) This city has no heart.
d) A new, local collaborative art project
a) “The wife is to voluntarily submit …”
b) “The husband and wife are equal partners.”
c) “Women are smarter.”
d) “Marriage equality is a priority in my family.”
1) B. One-hundred-and-thirty-three of Martinez’ appointees, including Secretary of Education-Designate Hanna Skandera, have yet to be confirmed by the state legislature.
2) A. Albuquerque Business First reporter Dennis Domrzalski reports union membership declined in 2013.
3) C. State Senator Michael Sanchez is behind efforts to introduce legislation raising the minimum wage.
4) D. Heart of the City is a collaborative art project and exhibition at 516 Arts, and it features local notables Suzanne Sbarge, Celia Alvarez Muñoz, Lizbeth Miscles and Diahndra Grill.
5) A. Pearce wrote about his marriage in traditional Biblical terms in his recently released book, Just Fly the Plane, Stupid! Since then the press has had a field day, except for the Albuquerque Journal which provided an accommodating wrist-slap.