Crib Notes: Feb, 6, 2014
By August March
1) A recent survey by the US Fish and Wildlife Service found the population of ______________ in southern New Mexico and Arizona has nearly doubled between 2009 and 2013.
a) la migra
b) the Mexican Wolf (Canis lupus baileyi)
c) enormous tentacled creatures
d) the Black-chinned Hummingbird (Archilochus alexandri)
Compfight cc via Russ Walker
2) On Monday, Mayor Richard Berry traveled to Washington to meet with _____________.
a) Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz
b) Rowdy Seahawks fans
c) President Barack Obama
d) Some hipsters that live in Belltown
3) Albuquerque just passed though the ___________ January in 86 years.
4) Rising maintenance costs, crumbling infrastructure and the reservations of New Mexico’s executive branch may contribute to the radical changes in ________________.
a) sudden bridge repair projects
b) the governor’s office hours
c) taxpayer morale
d) passenger rail service through New Mexico
5) It’s been reported that New Mexico State Senators William Sharer (R-Farmington) and Nora Espinoza (R-Roswell) have introduced legislation aimed at amending the state constitution so as to ban _________________.
a) wingnuts and tea-partiers from state conventions
b) images of any deity from being displayed in the Roundhouse
c) same-sex marriage
d) la politica for the rest of time
1) B. Despite problems with the reintroduction program, resistance from ranchers and tricky genetics, the numbers of this subspecies of gray wolf have increased over time to 83 individuals wandering the southern lands.
2) A. Berry traveled to Washington, DC to meet with the prez’ energy czar about Sandia Labs and the Kirtland AFB fuel spill.
3) D. The Journal sez this was the driest January on record in the Duke City since the winter of 1927-1928.
4) D. Unless all parties from three states and one corporation come to a mutually beneficial agreement, Amtrak service through Albuquerque will be rerouted through Oklahoma and Texas, eliminating stops in Lamy, Raton and Las Vegas by 2015.
5) C. Sharer and Espinoza are co-sponsoring Senate Joint Resolution 6, which defines marriage as an agreement between a man and a woman.
Wonders: Spanish and Portuguese Colonial Ivory Sculpture from the 16th to the 19th Century at Museum of Spanish Colonial Art
Vinyasa Like a Boss at Studio Sway
Free Texas Hold Poker Tournaments at The Barley RoomMore Recommented Events ››