Crib Notes: Feb. 13, 2014
By August March
a) The exploits of Susana Martinez and Hanna Skandera
b) Mob wives of 1980s Albuquerque
c) Witches haunting the acequias
d) Colorful female historical figures
a) Undocumented immigrants
a) The number of broken-down automobiles
b) The distance to the nearest Allsup’s
c) Life expectancy
a) A fictional version of Burque called Squaresville
b) The glamorous world of tribal casinos
c) Ancient Egypt
d) The Kirtland Underground Munitions Storage Area
a) Further regulating the Downs Racetrack and Casino in midtown Albuquerque
b) A formal review of CYFD policies and procedures in the wake of the Omaree Varela scandal
c) Stricter penalties for poachers who hunt out of season and kill free, beautiful animals for their horns or antlers ... while leaving the rest to rot
d) All of the above
1) D. Birchell’s new book chronicles the lives of “colorful characters such as Bronco Sue, Sadie Orchard and Lizzie McGrath,” who are part of our state’s “wild” past.
2) A. A bill that would repeal a 2003 measure allowing non-citizen residents to possess and use a New Mexico drivers license withered after debate in the House Labor and Human Resources Committee.
3) C. Winograd’s research shows that some parts of Burque have higher life expectancies than other parts of town.
4) C. One of the show’s main characters is the Pharoah. Whoa.
5) D. Here’s an update on the party at the Roundhouse.
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
Trolley of Terror at ABQ Trolley Co. @ Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
Visit haunted sites and go inside buildings that are normally off-limits to the public.
Teaching on the Mahamudra at RigDzin Dharma Foundation
Taos Mountain Balloon Rally at Taos Mountain Balloon Rally FieldMore Recommended Events ››