Crib Notes: Feb. 13, 2014
a) The exploits of Susana Martinez and Hanna Skandera
b) Mob wives of 1980s Albuquerque
c) Witches haunting the acequias
d) Colorful female historical figures
a) Undocumented immigrants
a) The number of broken-down automobiles
b) The distance to the nearest Allsup’s
c) Life expectancy
a) A fictional version of Burque called Squaresville
b) The glamorous world of tribal casinos
c) Ancient Egypt
d) The Kirtland Underground Munitions Storage Area
a) Further regulating the Downs Racetrack and Casino in midtown Albuquerque
b) A formal review of CYFD policies and procedures in the wake of the Omaree Varela scandal
c) Stricter penalties for poachers who hunt out of season and kill free, beautiful animals for their horns or antlers ... while leaving the rest to rot
d) All of the above
1) D. Birchell’s new book chronicles the lives of “colorful characters such as Bronco Sue, Sadie Orchard and Lizzie McGrath,” who are part of our state’s “wild” past.
2) A. A bill that would repeal a 2003 measure allowing non-citizen residents to possess and use a New Mexico drivers license withered after debate in the House Labor and Human Resources Committee.
3) C. Winograd’s research shows that some parts of Burque have higher life expectancies than other parts of town.
4) C. One of the show’s main characters is the Pharoah. Whoa.
5) D. Here’s an update on the party at the Roundhouse.
South Valley Main Street Business Mixer at South Valley Economic Development Center
South Valley MainStreet Business Mixer sponsored by the South Valley MainStreet Program and Bernalillo County. Hear what the MainStreet program is doing in your community!
Fitness Tracker Dance Class at Studio SwayMore Recommented Events ››