Crib Notes: Feb. 20, 2014
By August March
1) Who was named the new Police Chief of Albuquerque?
a) Carlos Jaramillo
b) Gordon Eden
c) Reies López Tijerina
d) Donald Grady
2) Some county government officials have reservations about which teevee show resuming filming here in Burque?
b) “Breaking Bad”
c) “The Sopranos”
d) “True Detective”
3) The Miami Herald reports that Albuquerque lawyer Nancy Hollander is still on the case, seeking to defend Guantanamo inmate Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri. Al-Nashiri stands accused of being the mastermind behind what terrorist act?
a) The London Public Transport attack
b) The Battle of Wanat
c) The bombing of the USS Cole
d) The Ghriba synagogue bombing
4) Dense vegetation and dry conditions across the Santa Fe watershed have increased the risk for ____________ in northern and central New Mexico.
Compfight cc via Bert Kaufmann
d) All of the above
5) New Mexico-based applications for _____________ have doubled in the past year.
Compfight cc via Gerald Rich
a) SNAP benefits
b) Employment with APD
c) Concealed carry permits
d) A trip into outer space
1) B. Former US Marshall and current NM Secretary of Public Safety Gordon Eden has been named to fill the position.
2) A. Though approved by Bernalillo Sheriff Dan Houston, renewed filming of Fox teevee phenomenon “Cops” is being protested by Bernalillo County Commissioners Debbie O’Malley and Maggie Hart Stebbins.
3) C. Nashiri is the “alleged architect” behind the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole. Hollander has been on his defense team since 2008.
4) D. According to Staci Matlock at The Santa Fe New Mexican, many drought-related risks face the Santa Fe watershed in upcoming months.
5) C. Reports indicate applications for concealed carry permits in our state nearly doubled in 2013.
World Tavern Poker League at SkyLight
Poker tournaments where players earn points and rankings to move on to the Tavern, Regional and National Championship events.
Massage for Couples at Self Serve
Ayurveda: Beginnings and Basics for Healthy Living at BookworksMore Recommented Events ››