Crib Notes: Feb. 27, 2014
By August March
1) During the last moments of this year’s state lawmaking session, SB 347 passed. This legislation provides funding for what program?
Capitol Report New Mexico
a) The Legislative Lottery Scholarship Program
b) The Hanna Skandera Relocation Program
c) The Free Casino Lunch for Senators Program
d) The Governor’s Helicopter Ride Fund
2) Last week, KOB investigative journalist Stuart Dyson reported on economic development in the South Valley. What local rock band featured Dyson in the mid-to-late 1980s?
Courtesy of the artist
a) Strawberry Zots
b) Gutter Leaves
c) Walter Pigeon
d) Fountain of Blood
3) According to Dyson’s report, what is the name of one organization fostering economic and business development in the South Valley?
a) The Hispanic Roundtable
b) The City of Albuquerque
c) The Rio Grande Economic Development Corporation
4) Traces of the dangerous heavy metal ____________ were detected last week outside the New Mexico radioactive waste depository known as WIPP.
d) B and C
5) This potentially disastrous radioactive emanation was preceded by what recent event at the Waste Isolation Pilot Project?
CNA Consulting Engineers
a) The appearance of inter-dimensional beings
b) A Ted Nugent concert
c) Soviet infiltration
d) A fire
1) A. Senate Bill 347 provides funding sources for the lottery scholarship through FY 2016.
2) B. Dyson played in the Gutter Leaves, trust us.
3) C. The Rio Grande Economic Development Corporation is providing local businesses with growth opportunities, according to Dyson.
4) D. Trace amounts of plutonium and americium were detected half a mile from WIPP last week.
5) D. Before the leak, there was the fire.
Intro to Pole Dancing at Southwest Pole Dancing
Free Texas Hold Poker Tournaments at The Barley Room
Wonders: Spanish and Portuguese Colonial Ivory Sculpture from the 16th to the 19th Century at Museum of Spanish Colonial ArtMore Recommented Events ››