Crib Notes: March 13, 2014
By August March
1) Last Wednesday night, a fireball appeared above Albuquerque. Sandia Laboratory officials identified the flaming object as
a) Fragments from a communications satellite
b) The result of secret government communications with subspace universe 0024556.37
c) Nic Cage passing through town
d) A meteor from outer space
2) This week’s issue of Salon profiles _____________ of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
a) Nuclear weapons scientists
b) Low-level drug dealers
c) Notable slam poets
d) Urban farmers
3) New Mexico District Judge Beatrice Brickhouse ordered a bank to pay out more than $3 million in damages for their reprehensible and shocking conduct. What bank was involved in the judge’s decision?
Walt Disney Co.
a) Bank of America
b) Barclay’s Bank
c) Wells Fargo
d) The one owned by Scrooge McDuck
4) A local band provided the theme music for HBO’s police procedural/dark drama “True Detective.” What is the name of that band?
a) The Handsome Family
b) Black Maria
c) Leeches of Lore
d) The Last Good Configuration
5) What caused the radiation leak at WIPP?
Walla Walla Union-Bulletin
a) Antiquated facilities
b) The nuclear genie
c) Leaky buckets
d) The cause has yet to be determined.
1) D. Officials at New Mexico’s premier national defense laboratory have determined the fireball was caused by a meteor burning up in the atmosphere.
2) B. The March 9 issue of Salon features an article on the lives of small-time pushers living in Burque.
3) C. District Judge Brickhouse rendered her ruling against banking giant Wells Fargo; Brickhouse said the bank acted in a “shocking” manner during certain local foreclosure proceedings.
4) A. The “True Detective” theme song, “Far From Any Road,” is by critically acclaimed Southwestern Gothic act The Handsome Family.
5) D. Although there has been much speculation about the nature, duration and danger of the radiation leak at WIPP, the investigation into its cause continues.
Contentment in Everyday Life Series at Albuquerque Shambhala Center
ABQ Doula Meet and Greet at Inspired Birth and Families
¡Baile! Casino/Cuban-Style Salsa and Rueda de Casino at National Hispanic Cultural CenterMore Recommented Events ››