Crib Notes: April 3, 2014
By August March
a) The resignation of Police Chief Gordon Eden
b) The indictment of officer Keith Sandy
c) An overdue police apology to the citizens of Albuquerque
d) At least four arrests for disturbing the peace
a) Unruly mobs
b) Brutal police
c) Wild horses and burros
d) Anonymous hackers
a) A restaurant called Ghost Flame Grill
b) A skate shop named Destructo
c) An APD substation
d) A hep boutique—with a bird on it
a) Steal a pic-a-nic basket
b) Stage a protest
d) Join the circus
1) D. During the lengthy protests, which saw some questionable behavior among some participants, APD arrested at least four individuals for disturbing the peace. An earlier, print version of this story cited an Eyewitness News 4 report of six arrests.
2) C. BLM is seeking research proposals aimed at controlling populations of wild horses and burros in 10 states, and New Mexico is one of them.
3) A. Beginning this fall, Alaska Airlines will offer two flights per day between Albuquerque and Seattle.
4) A. Karen Vigil-Suazo is moving her food truck business into the old Atomic haunt. The joint will be called Ghost Flame Grill.
5) C. Ursula and Sierra, prisoners at the Roswell Zoo bear enclosure, couldn’t bear captivity any longer and tried to escape last week.
Stories and Fun with Laura Metzler at Tony Hillerman Library
Remix Culture Revisited at Center for Contemporary Arts
Understanding the New Reverse Mortgage Program at Greater Albuquerque Habitat for Humanity ReStoreMore Recommended Events ››