Crib Notes: May 8, 2014
By August March
a) A dangerous section of town
b) A dark alley
c) A neighborhood yard sale
d) A-Mi-Gusto bar
a) Alamosa Books
b) Salt of the Earth Books
c) Living Batch Bookstore
d) Full Circle Books
a) Solanum virus
b) Krippin Virus
c) Human Cortico-Deficiency Virus
a) Giedi Prime
b) Gamma Trianguli VI
b) Capitalist zombie
c) Petulant hipster-friendly
1) C. A man was stabbed multiple times after stopping at a local yard sale and arguing with another customer. As of press time, no arrests have been made.
2) A. In a sad but common story in these parts, owner Elizabeth Anker said, “We have not received the level of support from our community necessary to support a bookstore.”
3) D. Norovirus, the same contagious pathogen responsible for so many recent cruise ship problems, closed down 21st Century Public Academy, a local charter school.
4) C. More than a thousand local kids took part in the simulated mission to the red planet. Event organizer Ronda Cole hopes to interest students in science and engineering careers through such innovative learning environments and projects.
5) D. Its beer makes Santa Fe an appealing tourist destination, according to the travel experts at Huffington Post.
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
Stargazing Night at Sandia Mountain Natural History Center
Peer through telescopes at the dark winter sky. Learn about stars, constellations and other night sky objects with astronomers from the Albuquerque Astronomical Society.
River of Lights at ABQ BioPark Botanic Garden
Book Club (Lomas Tramway) at Lomas-Tramway Public LibraryMore Recommended Events ››