Crib Notes: May 8, 2014
By August March
a) A dangerous section of town
b) A dark alley
c) A neighborhood yard sale
d) A-Mi-Gusto bar
a) Alamosa Books
b) Salt of the Earth Books
c) Living Batch Bookstore
d) Full Circle Books
a) Solanum virus
b) Krippin Virus
c) Human Cortico-Deficiency Virus
a) Giedi Prime
b) Gamma Trianguli VI
b) Capitalist zombie
c) Petulant hipster-friendly
1) C. A man was stabbed multiple times after stopping at a local yard sale and arguing with another customer. As of press time, no arrests have been made.
2) A. In a sad but common story in these parts, owner Elizabeth Anker said, “We have not received the level of support from our community necessary to support a bookstore.”
3) D. Norovirus, the same contagious pathogen responsible for so many recent cruise ship problems, closed down 21st Century Public Academy, a local charter school.
4) C. More than a thousand local kids took part in the simulated mission to the red planet. Event organizer Ronda Cole hopes to interest students in science and engineering careers through such innovative learning environments and projects.
5) D. Its beer makes Santa Fe an appealing tourist destination, according to the travel experts at Huffington Post.
6th Annual Frida Fiesta at Patio Market in Old Town
Celebrate the life of iconic Mexican artist Frida Kahlo with live music, a Frida Parade and a Frida birthday cake.
Harry Potter Countdown to Midnight Magic Party at Barnes & Noble, Westside
ABQ Kids Rock Fest at Civic PlazaMore Recommended Events ››