Crib Notes: May 15, 2014
By August March
1) This past Mother’s Day weekend, three local women were locked up and charged with child abuse because ________________.
The New York Times
a) They had a history of violence.
b) They were dealing drugs from the front porch.
c) They were not of this Earth.
d) Their home was dirty and unhygienic.
2) El Paso’s Triple-A ball club shut out the Isotopes 11-0 on Sunday, May 11. What is the name of this West Texas beisbol outfit?
The Japan Times
a) The Stars
b) The Giants
c) The Fissionable Materials
d) The Chihuahuas
3) It’s been awful _____________ in Burque these last few days.
4) Hipster musician Kurt Vile was recently on teevee performing which classic Neil Young tune?
Wet Cement Wallpapers
a) “The Needle and the Damage Done”
c) “Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)”
d) “After the Gold Rush”
5) The athletic director at Sandia High School has been accused of planting ____________ in basketball coach Alvin Broussard’s office.
Hauls of Shame
a) A marijuana pipe
b) An issue of Sporting News
c) Two tickets to paradise
d) An al-Qaeda recruitment brochure
1) D. The women are facing charges related to leaving a child alone in a filthy house, where a bucket was allegedly used as a toilet.
2) D. The little dogs cranked out 16 hits at home in their Sunday rout of Burque’s Dodger farm team.
3) A. Burque was under a health watch last week due to strong winds and bountiful dust.
4) B. Vile performed “Albuquerque” at the end of last week’s episode of “RocKwiz.”
5) A. Although Sandia High Athletic Director Tom Knauber says he found the pipe, authorities suspect he planted it. Knauber is now on leave pending the outcome of a criminal investigation into the matter.
¡Baile! Casino/Cuban-Style Salsa and Rueda de Casino at National Hispanic Cultural Center
Ground Breaking at Coronado Villa Retirement Community
Monthly Meeting of the Mind (& Brain) at North Domingo Baca Multigenerational CenterMore Recommented Events ››