Crib Notes: June 5, 2014
By August March
1) There were so many _____________ infesting Burque that they showed up on regional weather radar.
CC BY Donnie Nunley
a) Armed citizens
d) Large, toothy fish
2) In local boxing news, Albuquerque welterweight Josh Torres scored a KO against ______________ Saturday night at La Cascada Hotel.
CC BY Bernd Eckenfels
a) Tony DeMarco
b) Emile Griffith
c) Francisco Lira
d) Roberto Duran
3) A cook at a corrections training facility in the South Valley has been accused of:
CC BY Robert S. Donovan
a) Licking sandwiches
b) Using butter in their recipes
c) Staring fancifully at the salad
d) Burning the crème brûlée
4) On Thursday, a man armed with a fire extinguisher undressed and caused a scene at a(n) ________________ near the university.
CC BY Nic McPhee
a) Head shop
b) Anarchist bookstore
c) Used record store
d) Hot dog restaurant
5) After being faulted by his town’s mayor for an investigation that was “very shoddy,” the police chief of ______________, N.M. resigned last week.
CC BY Boston Public Library
1) B. Huge swarms of grasshoppers in the Albuquerque area have been showing up as massive blotches on the sensitive weather equipment.
2) C. Torres knocked out Sonoran competitor Francisco Lira in the second round of their fight.
3) A. Yolanda Arguello is accused of licking the cheese in sandwiches she served to corrections officials, among other improprieties.
4) D. The bizarre event, featuring a man named Zachary, took place at Torpedo Dog, a restaurant on Harvard Avenue.
5) C. Chief Steve Serna of Grants announced his resignation over the weekend.
4th Annual Medicine for the People by the People at Endorphin Power Company
Annual event where health care providers come together to share their services with the community for no cost.
It’s Good to Break Bad Bike Tour at Routes Bicycle Tours and Rentals
Fiestas de Albuquerque at Historic Old TownMore Recommented Events ››