Crib Notes: July 10, 2014
a) The Garuda
b) The Cooper’s Hawk
d) The roc
2) Among other fireworks-related busts this 4th of July, what local group was cited for setting off Roman candles and mortars?
a) A congregation of Buddhist monks
b) The UNM Board of Regents
c) A heavy metal band practicing in Barelas
d) Winners of the Gemini Croquette Contest
a) The “Ballroom of Mars”
b) Fhloston Paradise
c) Las Cruces, N.M.
d) Oakwood, Ohio
4) An inmate escaped from Metropolitan Detention Center by hiding in __________________.
a) Colonel Klink’s prized 1941 Mercedes-Benz 540K Cabriolet
b) A laundry basket
c) Another inmate’s intestinal cavity
d) A small carnivorous bird common to the Northeast Heights
5) The Santa Fe Southern Railway plans to bring _______________ train service to New Mexico by August of this year.
b) Narrow gauge
1) B. The population of Cooper’s hawks in Albuquerque’s urban areas is growing.
2) A. Buddhist monks at the Hoi Phuoc Buddhist Temple were cited by the Albuquerque Fire Department for “setting off a treasure trove of illegal fireworks.”
3) C. Virgin Galactic is partnering with Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces.
4) B. Kevin Matthew Perkins escaped from MDC by hiding in a laundry basket.
5) D. The Santa Fe Southern Railway plans to add “fancy new railcars” to its service to Lamy, N.M. by the end of next month.
Yoga Class: Restorative at Oriental Medical Arts
Kirtland Toastmasters at Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union
The Sacred Arts of a Daoist Woman: Weekly Practice at MogaDao InstituteMore Recommented Events ››