Crib Notes: Aug. 7, 2014
By August March
1) On Monday night, local law enforcement ___________________.
a) Killed another human
b) Caused the death of an alleged criminal
c) Forcefully discorporated an angry man
d) All of the above
2) A guest columnist for the New York Times wrote about how __________________.
a) Albuquerque is a violent, desperate place.
b) “Breaking Bad” did wonders for this town’s reputation.
c) There is no decent pizza in Burque.
d) Our river is a lot smaller than the Hudson.
3) After a five-game losing streak, the Albuquerque Isotopes smacked the Tacoma Rainiers 12-5 on Monday night at home. Isotope Carlos Triunfel added to the victory by ___________________.
a) Hitting into a double play in the top of the ninth
b) Belting out a grand slam in the bottom of the second
c) Throwing a pitch at the letters of the opposing team
d) Chewing tobacco and whispering obscenities from the dugout
4) City Councilor Rey Garduño wants to see penalties for _____________ possession reduced.
d) Serum 114
5) The FBI is investigating a local ______________________.
a) Police officer
b) Car wash
c) Charter school
d) Baseball legend
1) D. A BCSO deputy shot and killed an alleged road rage suspect early Monday evening.
2) A. Former UNM instructor Justin St. Germain wrote about violence in Burque for Sunday’s Grey Lady.
3) B. Isotopes shortstop Carlos Triunfel rocked on Monday night.
4) C. Councilor Garduño told the media he believes in reduced penalties for marijuana possession.
5) C. The feds are investigating local charter schools consortium Southwest Learning Centers.
Mogadao Morning Medical Qigong at UNM Center for Life
Albuquerque Newcomers Club at Sandia Presbyterian Church
When the Wheels Come Off at Carroll StrategiesMore Recommented Events ››