Crib Notes: Aug. 14, 2014
By August March
1) Facing bankruptcy, the Four Hills Country Club was acquired by new investors and renamed ___________________.
a) The Canyon Club
b) Bushwood Country Club
d) The Manzano Base Designated Recreation Area
2) A would-be larcenist was killed when he ________________ a local smoke shop.
a) Bought Spice at
b) Tried to rob
c) Hid in the trash compactor at
d) Tried to bring a plague upon
3) An Albuquerque man faced a judge on Sunday for allegedly threatening others with ___________________.
20th Century Fox
a) A catapult
b) Danny Trejo
c) A machete
d) A big red balloon
4) The Albuquerque Public School Board is investigating __________________.
a) Widespread truancy
b) Superintendent Winston Brooks
c) Textbooks that contain references to evolution
d) The nutritional value of school lunches
5) Late last week Mayor Berry traveled to Window Rock, Ariz., to discuss _______________________.
a) Unique geologic formations
b) The popularity of frybread in Albuquerque
c) An end to colonialism
d) Native American homelessness
1) A. Local investors spent the past eight months coming up with a plan to save the former Four Hills Country Club, now called The Canyon Club.
2) B. Although initial reports were confusing, it now appears a would-be robber was killed at the Oasis Smoke Shop on Menaul.
3) C. Clemente Moreno was arrested on Saturday for brandishing a machete.
4) B. A personnel issue came up during his annual review. Now the board is investigating its own superintendent.
5) D. Our Mayor addressed the ongoing humanitarian crisis with Navajo Nation President Ben Shelly.
4th Annual Medicine for the People by the People at Endorphin Power Company
Annual event where health care providers come together to share their services with the community for no cost.
April Half-Price Weekend at ABQ BioPark Zoo
Cheers to 75 Years! at Jefferson Middle SchoolMore Recommented Events ››