Crib Notes: Sept. 4, 2014
By August March
1) Besides writing about how violent this town is, the New York Times also wants you to explore the _____________west of Burque.
a) Alien spaceships
b) Potemkin village
d) Lava formations
2) This month Albuquerque will play host to a police ____________ contest.
a) Donut eating
b) Civil rights-violating
3) PNM is installing _____________ in several New Mexico counties.
a) Solar panels
c) Nuclear reactors
d) Steam engines
4) Two-term New Mexico Attorney General _______________ is still nine points behind incumbent Susana Martinez in the race to be our next governor.
a) Bruce King
b) Harold Runnels
c) Gary King
d) Marty Chavez
5) From Sept. 12 to 14, the _______________ will be held in Albuquerque.
a) ¡Cine Magnífico! Latino Film Festival
c) Nuclear Weapons Scientists Fiesta
d) Walter White Appreciation Party
2) C. Burque hosts the Albuquerque Police Pistol Combat Tournament and the National Police Shooting Championship from Sept. 10 through 18.
3) A. PNM is installing thousands of solar panels in Valencia, Cibola and Sandoval counties.
4) C. The latest polls reveal challenger Gary King lagging behind La Tejana.
5) A. The Cervantes Institute and the National Hispanic Cultural Center are sponsoring the Latino Film Festival.
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
Naturalist Series: Bats Found Around the World at Bachechi Open Space
Dr. Ernie Valdez from the U.S. Geological Survey discusses different shapes, sizes and colors of bats that occur around the world and their unique behaviors that reflect their amazing morphology.
Pumpkin Patch at Santa Ana Star Center
Day of Destiny IX at Westside Community CenterMore Recommended Events ››