FlashQuiz: The P-Stomp Stumper
The answers to this quiz are all artists playing the eighth annual Ponderosa Stomp rock and roll festival, returning to New Orleans on April 28 and 29. Tickets for the Stomp went on sale Feb. 7 via Ticketmaster. See the full lineup at bottom for hints. Skip to the answers here.
1) Who made a record that Mick Jagger reportedly said was "better than 'Sticky Fingers' " upon its release in 1971?
2) Who opened for The Beatles on their final U.S. tour in 1966, and provided Gram Parsons with the name for his band The Flying Burrito Brothers?
3) Who was the first white artist signed to Motown Records?
4) Who wrote Bobby “Blue” Bland's signature song "Two Steps From The Blues"?
5) Who is the only band to have opened for The Beach Boys and The Clash?
6) Which songwriter-
7) What guitarist recorded with Al Green, Ike and Tina turner, and Cat Power?
8) Who cut the original "Suzie Q" (which was covered by Creedence Clearwater Revival and others) and had his own American Bandstand show in Philadelphia?
The full Ponderosa Stomp lineup: Wanda Jackson, Roddy Jackson, Alton Lott, Carl Mann, Johnny Powers, Jack Earls, Dale Hawkins, James Burton, Dan Penn And Bobby Emmons, Howard Tate, Otis Clay, The Hi Rhythm Section, The Remains, Question Mark And The Mysterians, The Legendary Stardust Cowboy, Bobby Patterson, Wiley And The Checkmates, The Bo-Keys, Lil Buck Senegal And The Top Cats Featuring Stanley "Buckwheat Zydeco" Dural, Dennis Coffey, RobertParker, Jivin Gene, Ray Sharpe, Long John Hunter, Texas Johnny Brown, Little Joe Washington, James Blood Ulmer Trio, L.C. Ulmer, Little Willie Littlefield, Lil Greenwood, Jerry McCain, Kenny And The Kasuals, Classie Ballou, Deke Dickerson And The Eccofonics, Roy Loney And Cyril Jordan Of The Flamin Groovies Backed By The A-Bones, Lazy Lester