Cruel and Unusual Punishment
A couple weeks ago I posted a blog on how I'd had "Kiss From a Rose" stuck in my head for going on two months. Now, I'm happy to say, I'm nearly rid of it--it only comes back to haunt me every few days instead of every few minutes. I'm making progress.
However, I'm not as happy to admit there's a new song meandering around my brain, courtesy of Publisher Carl Petersen, who handed me an article shortly after I posted my last blog. What was the article about? Why, nothing more than the top 10 "earworms," or songs that tend to lodge themselves in people's brains ad infinitum.
Warning: I'm about to share them with you--read at your own risk.
1. Kylie Minogue: "Can't Get You Out of My Head" (who woulda thought?)
2. James Blunt: "You're Beautiful"
3. Baha Men: "Who Let the Dogs Out" (eek)
4. Mission Impossible theme
5. Village People: YMCA
6. "Happy Days" theme
7. Corinne Bailey Rae: "Put Your Records On"
8. Suzanne Vega: "Tom's Diner"
9. Tight Fit: "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"
10. Tiffany: "I Think We're Alone Now"
I'd like to add one more that's emerged for me personally in the last week: the Superman theme.
That's all, folks. Happy humming.