Who We Are
Albuquerque Museum is a must-see destination. Whether you're a local or a visitor, we are the city’s premier cultural institution to immerse yourself in world-class art exhibitions and Albuquerque’s rich history.
Only in Albuquerque
After many years of redesign, construction, story development and fabrication, the Museum opened the permanent history exhibit Only in Albuquerque. It’s an interactive, engaging, fun-filled history and culture of the central Rio Grande Valley.
Our story is told through four galleries: Spirited, Courageous, Resourceful and Innovative, all connecting to a central gallery entitled Our Land. This ingenious design provides guests with a physical layout that reinforces the central theme: Different cultures, interacting with each other in a unique geographic setting, have developed shared characteristics found only in Albuquerque and the middle Río Grande Valley.
Visitors will experience vibrant theaters, animated storybooks and use a state-of-the-art Albuquerque App, developed especially for our visitors.
- Company name: Albuquerque Museum of Art and History
- Business Address: 2000 Mountain Rd NW
Albuquerque NM 87104505-243-7255
- Business Hours: Tuesday through Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Business Website: albuquerquemuseum.
Common Ground: Art in New Mexico
This new installation of the permanent art collection provides a new opportunity to tell the history of New Mexican art, as it is lived, with a confluence of cultures that have interacted and influenced each other beyond cultural or historic boundaries—
A Modern Approach
Albuquerque Museum also brings national traveling exhibitions to our community. Featuring more than 75 designers, artists, craftspersons and collectives, one of our current exhibitions, "New Territories: Laboratories for Design, Craft and Art in Latin America" surveys the innovative, cross-disciplinary collaborations and new directions in creative production that have been occurring throughout Latin America since 2000.
What You May Not Know
The Museum offers a wide variety of programming including:
• Educational classes for children of all ages
• Live musical performances in our amphitheater
• Docent-guided tours in the Museum, Sculpture Garden and Old Town
• The Museum Store and the Museum's café, Slate at The Museum
• Free 3rd Thursdays including music, performance, art making and exhibit talks
•Casa San Ysidro historic house in Corrales