Tuesday Sept 29, 2015
Santa Fe, NM 87508
Website: Click to Visit
More events at
Showcases the efforts of the campus community who installed raised beds, planted a fruit orchard and cultivated and harvested hundreds of pounds of fresh, organic, local produce.
It’s harvest time at SFCC. Come celebrate the Santa Fe Community College Culinary Arts Garden’s 3rd Annual Harvest Festival. The college’s organic garden produces healthy and fresh produce for the SFCC Culinary Arts Program and the student-run East Wing Eatery year-round. The Harvest Festival showcases the efforts of the campus community, who installed raised beds, planted a fruit orchard and cultivated and harvested hundreds of pounds of fresh, organic, local produce.
When: Tuesday, September 29, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Where: SFCC Culinary Arts Garden, located outside the East Wing Eatery, across from the Fitness Education Center.
Harvest Festival Activities:
• Garden-fresh foods cooked and served by Culinary Arts students
• Pesto-Making Demo with garden fresh basil and garlic lead by Culinary Arts students
• SFCC’s Center for Diversity and Integration will be recording stories for The Water Logs, an oral history project about food, family and water
• SFCC Culinary Arts Garden saved seed sale
• Bread baking in the horno
• How to make a home-scale worm bin presented by the Master Gardeners of Santa Fe, with demos at 10 and 11 a.m., noon and 1 p.m.
• Ask a Master Gardener: Bring your garden questions to a local expert
• Students lead Culinary Arts Garden Tours
Want to get involved? Community volunteer days in the garden are Tuesdays and occasional Fridays, from 10 a.m. to noon. Contact SFCC Garden Coordinator Erin O’Neill, 505-699-8625
For more information contact Chef-Lead Instructor Michelle Chavez at 505-428-1435 or firstname.lastname@example.org