Join the international movement for equality this Wednesday, March 8, for the second Women's March at the International Women's Day March and Rally at the UNM Bookstore. The Albuquerque branch of the Party for Socialism and Liberation is hosting this celebration of women and rally against the new administration that is reversing nearly all the progress we've made as a country in the last eight years (#THANKSOBAMA). From 5-8pm join fellow freedom fighters in demanding full rights for all. They're trying to silence us, but it is our American right to be heard and served. As the great Malala Yousafzai said, “I raise up my voice—not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard ... we cannot succeed when half of us are held back.” (Megan Reneau)
Wednesday March 8, 2017
Website: Click to Visit
More events at
March with locals in the community to commemorate this international holiday.
The Albuquerque branch of the Party for Socialism and Liberation has called for a march and rally in Albuquerque to commemorate International Women’s Day, celebrated annually around the world since 1909. Hundreds are expected to show up to voice opposition to attacks on reproductive rights, sexism in the home and workplace, mass inequality, anti-LGBTQ bigotry, deportations and imperialist, warmongering policies that devastate women around the world. The rally will convene at 5:00 PM at the University of New Mexico Bookstore in Albuquerque and will conclude at 8:00 PM. All are welcome.
1) End the Deportations! Full Rights for ALL Immigrants!
2) Universal Healthcare! Defend Abortion Rights!
3) Ending Mass Incarceration and Police Brutality. Jail Killer Cops!
4) End Imperialist War, Bring Home the Troops, and shut down U.S. military bases abroad
5) Defend Unions
6) Living Wages for All, Affordable Rent, and an end to Homelessness
7) Abolish Student Debt! Education is a right.
8) Full equality and rights for the LGBTQ community!
9) Free Childcare
10) Guaranteed Access and Equality for People with Disabilities