Friday Aug 3, 2018
Ste 112 B
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Website: Click to Visit
More events at
Jamie Campbell relives the time he was kidnapped as a child in this solo performance that is part comedy, part storytelling and 100 percent true.
Jamie Campbell re-lives the time he was kidnapped as a child in this solo performance that is part comedy, part storytelling, and 100% true. Travel back to 1991 as Jamie returns to what he calls the “greatest adventure of my life.” Harrowing at points, and astounding in others, the veteran comedian deftly walks the line between comedy and tragedy, exposing his own faults, and refusing to play the victim card. The production was the surprise hit of the KC Fringe Festival where it was the only solo show named “Best of Fest.” Out of the 92 participating productions, none received better reviews.
- "Best of Fringe" - 2017 KC Fringe Festival
- "5 Stars!" - Bob Evans, KC Applauds
- “Best Stand-Up or Variety Performance” of the year - Bexar Stage, San Antonio
- “... the absolute BEST performance I’ve seen at the Fringe...so good, I’m seeing it twice.” - Tracy Thomas
- “... a wizard at mining gold out of the dark. “ - Nan Turner
- “A truly moving piece. It was raw and real and hilarious and heartbreaking.” - Meghann Deveroux
- “...funny, touching, enraging, and magnificent to watch.” - Tina Anderman Morrison
Jamie Campbell is a nationally touring stand-up comedian, actor, and writer. His debut stand-up album, Tell Me You’re Proud of Me, debuted at #1 on Amazon’s comedy charts. In Chicago, where he began his career, he was named the city’s “Best Stand-Up Comedian” by The Chicago Reader. His film and television work includes appearances on NBC's Chicago Fire and Pop TV's Hollywood Darlings, as well as a stand-out performance in the indie feature Sex Ain't Love. He has shared the stage or worked on projects with countless legendary names in comedy and entertainment, including Hannibal Buress, Cameron Esposito, Oscar Isaac, Chris Redd, Scott Adsit, Ty Burrell, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, Alicia Keys, and Dana Carvey.