Saturday Oct 19, 2019
Santa Fe, NM 87506
Contact:SITE Santa Fe
Website: Click to Visit
More events at
Join us for a truly unique happening on the occasion of artist Andy DuCett‘s intervention into Bel Canto: Contemporary Artists Explore Opera. Be part of Singing Down the Sun taking place at sunset on Saturday, October 19 in the Santa Fe Opera parking lot.
1. Arrive at the Santa Fe Opera Upper Parking Lot between 5:30 – 5:45pm on Saturday, October 19
2. Visit the Merch Truck and pick out your custom t-shirt and can koozie
3. Step up to the tailgate trucks and enjoy cool beverages and snacks
4. As sunset approaches, get into formation and await instructions
5. Wait for Coach DuCett to call the play
6. Cheer on Singing Down the Sun!
7. Pose for Team Photo
8. Game Over by 6:45pm
Tickets $30 ($25 for SITE Members). Limited to 40 fans. Ticket includes an event t-shirt and your choice of koozie and bragging rights for having attended this big event!
Playing with themes from Bel Canto, Minneapolis-based artist and self-described opera amateur Andy DuCett is creating a series of works that respond to opera with interactive installations, performance, and humor. DuCett’s performative workSinging Down the Sun foregrounds the inherent athleticism of opera singing and draws parallels to the endurance, strength, and fandom of sports in this unexpected entrée into the world of opera.
Please arrive between 5:30 – 5:45 PM to be sure that you catch the sunset!