Due to the March 23, 2020 NM DOH Public Health Order, These Event Listings Are Not Accurate!
- Aux Dog TheatreAccidental Nudity at ABQ SOLO Fest 2019
- Divas in Danger at ABQ SOLO Fest 2019
- Desert Rose PlayhouseAuditions for 2019 Season
- KiMo TheatreMen are from Mars, Women are from Venus Live
- Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus Live
- Courtesy of Musical Theater Southwest
For the next two weekends, Musical Theatre Southwest presents performances of the musical, Bring It On, a fun and moving underdog story set in the highly competitive world of high school cheerleading. While the cliched sexist cultural reflex might be to scoff at cheerleading, the sport is actually the most dangerous of all high school sports in terms of injuries suffered. Many cheerleaders are dedicated, ambitious athletes, and this musical, with music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda (of Hamilton fame) and Pulitzer-winning composer Tom Kitt (Next to Normal and American Idiot), based loosely on the film of the same name, shows us the gritty reality of cheering, with respect and fun. Curtains go up Jan. 11, 12 and 18 at 7:30pm; Jan 13 and 19 at 3pm and close for the last time Jan. 20 with a showing at 4pm. Tickets are $15 for students, $18 for general admission, $25 for VIP. (Alisa Valdes)Musical Theatre SouthwestBring It On The Musical