- Elizabeth Waters Center for DanceLaunch: A Student Choreography Showcase
- Hotel AlbuquerqueTablao Flamenco
- Keshet Center for the ArtsUntit13d
- Image courtesy of the artist
Che Malambo, an Argentinian modern dance troupe with heavy percussive overtones and flamenco boots on the feet of beefy, Chippendale-styled dancers inhabiting this newfangled all-male dance company, just hit the road on a 60-day tour of the United States. You can imagine that these dudes must have some kinda mojo—besides the commodified kind—driving their stomping sojourn through the states. This amazing ensemble of purposeful performers will appear at Popejoy Hall onFriday, April 26 from 7:30pm until the curtain falls at 10pm, celebrating all that emanates from the concept of the South American gaucho, from hard work to throwing tools about the stage in a choreographed frenzy. All ages can join this jaunty fun for between $35 and $65; tickets are available at popejoypresents.com.
(August March)Popejoy HallChe Malambo
- Tiguex ParkBrazilian Samba Percussion Ensemble