Due to the March 23, 2020 NM DOH Public Health Order, These Event Listings Are Not Accurate!
- O'Hare's Grille & Pub (Rio Rancho)Brain Gang Trivia
- Red Velvet UndergroundSaturday Stand-Up Spectacular • stand-up comedy
- Academy for the Love of Learning (Santa Fe)ONGOINGMore Beautiful and Amazing: Art Inspired by Ernest Thompson Seton
- Humble CoffeeHumble Get Down: A Local Vendor Pop-Up
- Oddfellows Hall (Santa Fe)Contra Dance
- Unity StudioCircles of Hope Support Group
- Wanted: Your Best Photographs
Shutterbugs gather up your best pieces and pick some to submit for hanging in the new Bernalillo County headquarters when the gov-peeps move to Alvarado Square, happening now until Monday, August 31. The selected photographs will be printed in a large scale and format. They will be used to create a welcoming environment for county customers, county employees and the general public. Some will be used on the windows of the new Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office suite. The photographs should represent the history and character of Bernalillo County and its people, places, landscapes and unique events in our county. There are some big bucks involved as chosen photographers will receive $1,500, with a limit of one photograph per artist. The chosen photos will become part of the public art program’s permanent collection. There is no fee or age limit required to submit. For more information, visit bernco.gov/community-services/current-call-for-entries.aspx. Ends August 31. (Carolyn Carlson)
- Engine House Theater (Madrid)Open Submissions: Madrid Film Festival
- Keshet Center for the ArtsHear Here Festival
- City on the Edge
City on the Edge is a breezy, smart podcast looking at the stories from Albuquerque history that have often been overlooked. Each episode takes a deep dive into a topic like the 1955 crash of TWA flight 260, Sandia Man or the 1918 quarantine. Worthwhile listening that will spur your curiosity about things you didn’t even know about in the city where you live. It’s free and available wherever you get your podcasts. (Clarke Condé)
- Dance Space Santa Fe (Santa Fe)MoveWest Center for Movement Exploration
- 2020 Bosque Chile Festival
Looking for a little chile? The 2020 Bosque Chile Festival, a celebration of food, art, and culture on the Rio Grande, is happening Saturday, August 15 and Sunday, August 16, with times waiting to be officially announced. But due to COVID-19 and the State of New Mexico public health order, the festival will be presented virtually! There will still be entertainment, art activities, a virtual artisan market, chile-chef demonstrations, educational workshops and more. This free, all-ages event is meant to give those stuck at home a chance to see what the state has to offer. If you are a high-quality chile-inspired and authentic New Mexican business with an e-commerce website and want to be a vendor, there is still time. Applications are being accepted until Wednesday, August 5. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.