a) Flying saucers
c) Invisible denizens of an eldritch race
d) Flying squirrels
a) Green chile
b) Golf balls
c) Beef jerky
d) Anti-static wipes
a) Set the lions free
b) Fell into the dreaded crocodile pit
c) Was late to work
d) Killed about 100 fish by poisoning
a) Bought embarrassingly expensive meals
b) Thought they were Downtown
c) Got lost in the organic section at the Co-op
d) Were stabbed
a) City of Albuquerque Chief Operating Officer
b) Assistant Secretary at US Department of Energy
c) US Representative
d) Bernalillo County Treasurer
1) B. October traditionally means balloons over Albuquerque .
2) C. Mark Torres stands accused of absconding with more than $33,000 worth of the dried meat product for his personal gain.
3) D. An effort to exterminate parasites at the aquarium went awry, and many fish died as a result.
4) D. Three people were stabbed near Imbibe, a popular Nob Hill watering hole, on Saturday night.
5) C. Lewis ran for the democratic nomination to the US House in 1990, but he didn’t succeed. During his storied career, Lewis was also Governor Bruce King’s Chief of Staff.