a) Bought room service for
b) Accidentally shot
c) Watched teevee with
d) Studied calculus with
2) ______________ is the latest national publication to feature a story about police violence and corruption in Albuquerque.
a) Mad Magazine
c) Rolling Stone
d) Mother Jones
3) Local restaurant chain ______________ filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy last week, closing outlying units in Santa Fe and Bernalillo as well.
a) Baca’s Mexican Food
b) A Mi Gusto Lounge
c) Shakey’s Pizza
d) Flying Star Café
4) A female resident of the Duke City was arrested after inadvertently calling the police on her cell phone and offering to ______________.
a) Reform the department in exchange for a winning lottery ticket
b) Sell them drugs
c) Buy them donuts
d) Reveal the identities of certain masked wrestlers
5) An editorial published last week in a local daily newspaper posits that coyote killing contests are ______________.
d) An inescapable part of life in the West
1) B. Both parents were accidentally shot with one bullet fired from a 9mm handgun that was purchased hours prior to the shooting; the toddler found the weapon in his pregnant mother’s purse.
2) C. The latest issue of Rolling Stone invokes local teevee mythology with an article on goings-on at APD titled “When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild.”
3) D. A chapter 11 bankruptcy filing by Flying Star Café notes the local restaurant chain has an estimated debt of $6.2 million. Under the terms of the filing, the popular restaurant’s Albuquerque locations will remain open.
4) B. After dialing a wrong number, Duke City resident Renea Lucero allegedly offered an APD detective an opportunity to purchase heroin.
5) A. Kevin Bixby, the executive director of the Southwest Environmental Center, penned an op-ed piece drawing attention to the shameful and unethical practice.