1) How many jobs were added to the Albuquerque metro area this past year?
2) On Saturday, April 11, the Albuquerque Rail Yards will be hosting a “naked ________________.”
a) food fair
b) foam party
c) train ride
d) homeless encampment workshop
3) A former Albuquerque police officer involved in the fatal shooting of a teenage girl now faces a ______________ for a separate use of force incident.
a) guilty conscience
b) hefty lawsuit
c) police oversight board
d) internal affairs investigation
4) The Albuquerque BioPark Zoo now boasts an updated ______________ exhibit.
a) transdimensional being
b) slimy worm
5) An upcoming Albuquerque Little Theatre production is titled _________________.
a) Man of La Mancha
b) The Music Man
c) Into the Woods
d) Noises Off!
1) C. According to the New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions, Albuquerque’s growth rate stands at 2.1 percent, which translates to 8,100 new jobs.
2) A. A so-called Naked Food Fair featuring vegetarian food and healthy eating choices, not unclothed humans, is planned for this weekend. Events at the fair include workshops on yoga and holistic living.
3) B. Officer Jeremy Dear, who was involved in the 2014 shooting of Mary Hawkes, was dismissed shortly thereafter by APD. Now the former cop is being sued for a 2013 incident involving alleged police brutality.
4) D. It took three years for the alligator exhibit plans to come to fruition, but the enclosure is now ready and houses 10 new alligators.
5) D. Michael Frayn’s Noises Off! opens at Albuquerque Little Theatre on Friday, April 10. This production is directed by Henry Avery and stars locals Colin Borden, Dehron Foster, Stephanie Larragoite, Cyd Schulte, Eleanor Smith, Paige Underwood and other ALT veterans.