Answer Me This
1) What could police be using to track Burqueños, according to the American Civil Liberties Union?
a. Subdermal computer chips
b. Cell phone data
c. Ankle bracelets
d. Video cameras
2) What did the mayor of Sunland Park, N.M., confess to?
a. Driving while drunk
b. Shooting doves while drunk
c. Signing contracts while drunk
d. Wearing sunglasses at night ... while drunk
3) What kind of tornado was spotted in Albuquerque on Wednesday, Aug. 3?
a. A landspout
b. A twister
c. A wedge
d. God's middle finger
4) What's the latest in the mesa murders?
a. Someone confessed to the crime.
b. A park was built as a memorial to the women.
c. APD found the killer.
d. A suspect from Missouri is no longer a person of interest.
1) B. The state's chapter of the ACLU filed a public information request to find out how often the Albuquerque Police Department uses cell phones to track people. The civil rights group also requested info on how much money is spent using cell phone location data. Police have until mid-August to comply with the records request.
2) C. Mayor Martin Resendiz admitted in court documents that he was intoxicated when he signed nine contracts with a California company on behalf of the city. Architectural design firm Synthesis+ is suing Sunland Park, a small town bordering Mexico and Texas, for $1 million in unpaid work. Resendiz says he was knocking them back that evening with execs and didn't know what he was signing.
3) A. The funnel reaching down from the sky was a landspout. The National Weather Service makes this distinction: Landspouts don't come from the mesocyclone of a thunderstorm. The weather service calls them "dust-tube tornadoes," and they kick up in dry regions. Landspouts are usually smaller and less destructive than tornadoes.
4) D. Ron Erwin was cleared of suspicion after it was determined that he was in Missouri on the day three of the women went missing in Albuquerque, according to the Joplin Globe. He did an interview with the paper to discuss what it's was like to be suspected of the unsolved mesa murders for the last year. In 2009, the bones of 11 women and a fetus were discovered on the Westside.
Foundational Belly Dance Class! at Maple Street Dance Studio (Alley Entrance)
Going Down Like a Pro: Tips for Pleasuring the V at Self Serve
Zumba with Sabrina's Z Crew at Maple Street Dance Studio (Alley Entrance)More Recommended Events ››