Crib Notes: Oct. 10, 2013
By August March
a. Professor Richard Berthold
b. New Mexico Progress columnist Harold Morgan
c. Stars and Stripes correspondent Ernie Pyle
d. Albuquerque Tribune columnist George Baldwin
a. West Nile
c. Captain Trips
d. UNM doesn’t have a football team.
a. Deep in the mountains of Transylvania
b. At Vladimir Putin’s summer dacha
c. At a rather large country estate near Bristol
d. Beside the Orangerie of Versailles
a. Ralph Cifaretto
b. Christopher Moltisanti
c. Furio Giunta
d. Gloria Trillo
1) B. On Friday, the Carlsbad Current-Argus published an op-ed piece by syndicated New Mexico Progress columnist Harold Morgan. Morgan systematically rejects the view that New Mexico is doing better economically and cites research in The Atlantic to further his case.
2) A. The Santa Fe New Mexican reported the state health department disclosed 10 new human cases of West Nile virus this week. Additionally one horse was also reported as being infected.
3) C. Our valiant fellows in silver and cherry crushed the Aggies 66-17 on Saturday night. The Lobos played classic ground ball in their epic denunciation of the South, rushing for 541 yards and forcing two interceptions and a fumble.
4) C. Every August for the past 34 years, Ashton Court, a sprawling estate near Bristol in the UK, is the home of the Bristol International Balloon Fiesta. Would you like that breakfast burrito open or closed?
5) C. Discuss amongst yourselves.
Golden Gloves of New Mexico at McKernan Events Center
See New Mexico's upcoming boxing talent.
Albucreepy Downtown Ghost Walk at Hotel Andaluz
Winter Hike at Cerrillos Hills State ParkMore Recommented Events ››