Crib Notes: Oct. 10, 2013
By August March
1) The University of New Mexico's Bureau of Business and Economic Research reports the state’s economy is improving. Not everyone buys the data, though. Which New Mexico newspaper columnist wrote about his doubts this past week?
a. Professor Richard Berthold
b. New Mexico Progress columnist Harold Morgan
c. Stars and Stripes correspondent Ernie Pyle
d. Albuquerque Tribune columnist George Baldwin
2) Ten new cases of infection caused by which virus was reported to state health offices this past week?
a. West Nile
c. Captain Trips
3) What rival squad did the Lobo football team squash like bugs this past weekend?
UNM Center for Southwest Research
d. UNM doesn’t have a football team.
4) The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is a big deal for hot air ballooning in the good ol’ USA. Where is the largest European balloon fiesta held?
a. Deep in the mountains of Transylvania
b. At Vladimir Putin’s summer dacha
c. At a rather large country estate near Bristol
d. Beside the Orangerie of Versailles
5) Complete the following analogy. Hector Salamanca is to Uncle Junior as Jesse Pinkman is to:
a. Ralph Cifaretto
b. Christopher Moltisanti
c. Furio Giunta
d. Gloria Trillo
1) B. On Friday, the Carlsbad Current-Argus published an op-ed piece by syndicated New Mexico Progress columnist Harold Morgan. Morgan systematically rejects the view that New Mexico is doing better economically and cites research in The Atlantic to further his case.
2) A. The Santa Fe New Mexican reported the state health department disclosed 10 new human cases of West Nile virus this week. Additionally one horse was also reported as being infected.
3) C. Our valiant fellows in silver and cherry crushed the Aggies 66-17 on Saturday night. The Lobos played classic ground ball in their epic denunciation of the South, rushing for 541 yards and forcing two interceptions and a fumble.
4) C. Every August for the past 34 years, Ashton Court, a sprawling estate near Bristol in the UK, is the home of the Bristol International Balloon Fiesta. Would you like that breakfast burrito open or closed?
5) C. Discuss amongst yourselves.
Old Town Honors All Nations All Tribes at Historic Old Town
All tribes and nations are honored at this special kick-off event of Summertime in Old Town.
Progressive Art Ball at UNM Art Museum
SFCC Celebrates Earth Week at Santa Fe Community CollegeMore Recommented Events ››