1) This past Sunday night, there was a ______________ at the Walmart on Coors NW.
a) Union organizing meeting
b) Fatal shooting
c) Big sale
2) A diamond-shaped object seen floating in the sky above Albuquerque this past weekend was actually _________________.
a) A spaceship full of Greys from Zeta Reticuli
b) A TARDIS
c) The Grateful Dead on tour
d) A solar balloon launched by a hacker
3) The first man who was shot and killed by Albuquerque police in 2015 was wearing ________________ during a standoff with two officers last week.
a) Body armor
b) A spandex unitard
c) Nothing at all
d) A futuristic space suit
4) Last week two Albuquerque strippers traveled to Artesia, N.M., to __________________.
a) Trade in their stash of two-dollar bills for a couple Franklins
b) Kidnap another stripper
c) Perform table dances for oil rig workers
d) Shop at the local mall
5) Last Wednesday a shopper left behind _________________ at the Savers Thrift Store outlet near Carlisle and Menaul.
a) A broken phonograph player
b) 10 pairs of gently used shoes
c) A bag containing hundreds of dollars
d) A request that management stock larger sizes
1) B. When police responded to a call about a fight in progress, they discovered that a man had been shot inside the store. He later died, and the shooter absconded.
2) D. Gonner Menning of local hackerspace Quelab built several of the devices and launched the first one on Sunday, Jan. 18.
3) A. John Edward O’Keefe, who expired after a shootout with APD officers on Tuesday, Jan. 13, was wearing body armor that was allegedly stolen from a member of the County Sheriff’s Department.
4) B. A mother-daughter stripper team from Burque allegedly kidnapped a colleague in Artesia because of money that was owed to them. They also allegedly kidnapped the woman’s dog, but they were arrested shortly thereafter.