Crib Notes: Feb. 12, 2015
a) Improve our town’s struggling economy
b) Destroy our city’s reputation
c) Influence local law practices
d) Provide a template for all teevee shows of the distant future
2) Last Saturday night, a shopkeeper on Menaul shot a would-be shoplifter who made off with _________________.
a) A box of bath salts
b) A large New York-style pizza
c) An expensive “growers lamp”
d) A large bag of vermiculite
3) While closing up an abandoned apartment/meth lab, local police stumbled on __________________.
a) A gang of bloodthirsty homeless folks
b) Several works of art by a famous American artist
c) Marsellus Wallace’s mysterious briefcase
d) The keys to Zed’s chopped-out motorcycle
4) A man charged with the recent murder of another man near the 7-Eleven at Kathryn and San Mateo previously worked ___________________.
a) As a clerk at rival convenience store Allsups
b) As the CEO of a multi-national corporation
c) As a hedge fund manager
d) As a police informant
5) Among bills being considered at this year’s meeting of the New Mexico Legislature is one sponsored by State Representative Rob Montoya (R- Farmington), who is proposing a bill that would curb the sale of ____________________.
a) Texas-style “chili”
b) Synthetic drugs like spice
c) Candy cigarettes
d) Mild green chile
1) A. Members of New Mexico’s film and teevee production community say the new show means economic opportunities for Albuquerque and the surrounding area.
2) C. The alleged thief tried to take a lighting instrument from the Hydro Lyfe store, only to be shot in the back by the shop owner as he was attempting to make his getaway.
3) B. Seventy-two images created by Al Momaday were discovered in the condemned property.
4) D. Demetrius Wright, a former APD informant, is facing charges in the death of Lawrence Chapman.
5) B. House Bill 354 would work to limit the sale of spice and other synthetic drugs by civil remedies to those damaged through its sale and use.