*Gulp* Those Are My Plates ...

*Gulp* Those Are My Plates ...

Marisa Demarco
2 min read
Share ::
Amid all the coupons and junk mail comes the dreaded ticket.

You have three options:

1) If the day you’re fined for happens to be the same day you lent your car to your sister, nominate her as the driver. But if she decides not to pay, the fine volleys right back to you, the owner of the vehicle.

2) Contest the fine by setting up an appointment to see a hearing officer. You have to request the hearing within 20 days of the date the ticket was issued. That date is printed in red on your ticket. But you can’t do it over the phone. You have to fill out Section B of your citation and mail it to the address
on the ticket, or go down to the Office of Boards and Commissions on the seventh floor of the Bernalillo County Government Center on Civic Plaza.

3) Pay the thing. Get it postmarked by the due date so it doesn’t default.

You can also talk to the issuing officer, the guy or gal who reviewed your info and slapped you with a fine, who can give you more information. Call 761-8800 with a name, notice number and ID number. The issuer will return your call.


If your citation starts with
AR it stands for running a red. AS is for speeding. AV is for speeding in front of one of the city’s three vans equipped with cameras.
1 2 3 214