1) On Sunday night, one person was shot to death and another six were injured by gunfire at a local __________.
a) Crack house
b) Strip club
d) Skate park
2) Early Monday morning a man shot an intruder to death after an altercation at his ___________ home.
b) Sandia Heights
c) Nob Hill
d) Four Hills
3) So far, more than 40 candidates have applied to be the city’s next ______________.
a) Police chief
b) Grand Wazoo
c) School superintendent
d) Master of Puppets
4) The latest Burque food joint to go under was called _______________.
b) Banana Joe’s
c) Wolfe’s Bagel
d) Sweetwater’s Cafe
5) Among bills that made it out of this year’s legislative session are two proposals that would __________________.
a) Offer a boost to the state film industry
b) Establish a kingdom in the storm sewers of Albuquerque
c) Forbid the discussion of politics in Santa Fe
d) Ban all testing in schools
1) D. On Sunday night at 9:45pm, gunfire erupted at Los Altos Skate Park. One person died, another is in critical condition and five others were injured. At press time, police still had not identified the gunman or motive behind the mass shooting.
2) A. After a struggle on Santa Fe Avenue NW, a homeowner shot and killed an alleged burglar wielding a knife.
3) C. In excess of 40 applicants, including former New Mexico Public Education Secretary Veronic Garcia have thrown their hats in the ring for the superintendent job at APS.
4) C. Wolfe’s Bagels at 6241 Montgomery NE ceased opeerations a couple weeks ago; the owner cited tax issues and health complications as factors contributing to the closure.
5) A. Provisions in these bills would make New Mexico more attractive to film and television producers than ever before, say industry insiders, including ABQ Studios executive Dana Arnold.