Dear Citizens: Here’s a peek at this year’s ballot.
District 2 City Council
• Steven Baca
• Isaac Benton *
• Joseph R. Griego
• Robert Blanquera Nelson
• Zachary Quintero
• Connie Vigil
District 4 City Council
• Brook L. Bassan
• Athena Ann Christodoulou
• Ane C. Romero *
District 6 City Council
• Patrick M. Davis *
• Gina Naomi Dennis
District 8 City Council
• Trudy E. Jones
• Maurreen Skowran *
CNM District 2
• James. A. Chavez (Unopposed)
CNM District 4
Annette Chavez y Del La Cruz (Unopposed)
CNM District 6
• Layne McAdoo
• Virginia Trujillo
APS District 1
• Madelyn Jones
• Yolanda Montoya-Cordova
APS District 2
• Lauretta Harris
• Peggy Muller-Aragon
APS District 4
• Laura Carlson
• Verland Coker
• Barbara Petersen
Ciudad Soil and Water Conservation District
Supervisor 1: Maria Christina Young (Unopposed)
Supervisor 2: Thomas Ivey Allen (Unopposed)
At Large Supervisor
• Daniel A. Conklin
• Daniel F. Lyon
General Obligation Public Safety Bond *
• More than $8.5 Million in GO Bonds for use by the police and fire departments to improve equipment and facilities?
General Obligation Bond: Museum and Cultural Facilities *
• $1,790.000 in general obligation bonds to maintain, expand, enhance and otherwise improve City-owned museums and cultural facilities?
General Obligation Bond: Affordable Housing *
• $5,050,00 in general obligation bonds to support the Workforce Housing Act?
General Obligation Bond: Metropolitan Redevelopment Bonds *
• $8,080,00 in general obligation bonds to support the redevelopment of Metropolitan properties including the Albuquerque Railyards.
General Obligation Bond: Senior/Family Centers. Homeless Center *
• $21,705,000 in GO bonds to enhance, improve or build community centers for families, youth, senior citizens and the homeless?
General Obligation Bond: Parks and Rec *
• $16,830,000 in GO bonds to develop, improve or enhance public parks, swimming pools open space areas, median and bikeways in Burque?
General Obligation Bond: Energy and Water Conservation *
• $10,420,000 in GO bonds to finance the modernization and upgrade of city facilities with an eye toward conservation and renewables?
General Obligation Bond: Libraries *
• $8,764,000 to improve libraries in Albuquerque?
General Obligation Bond: Street Bonds *
• $32,930,000 million in GO bonds to renovate and modernize municipal roads and associated properties?
General Obligation Bond: Public Transportation Bonds *
• About $3 million in GO bonds to improve public transportation around town?
Transportation Gross Receipts Tax
• Shall the City of Albuquerque renew a one-quarter of one percent gross receipts tax specifically dedicated to road infrastructure improvements, ADA improvements, public transit as well as trails and bikeways improvement?
Proposition 1 *
• Proposition 1 would update the language of the Open and Ethical Elections Act.
Proposition 2 *
Proposition 2 would update the language of the Open and Ethical Elections Act to provide eligible residents with “Democracy Dollars.”
APS General Obligation Bond *
• Shall the Board of Education of Albuquerque Public Schools be authorized to issue $1 million in general obligation bonds?
APS Capital Improvements Tax *
Shall the district continue collecting $2 in property taxes from each $1,000 of net taxable value of property in the Albuquerque Municipal School District?
CNM General Obligation Bond *
CNM wants to issue general obligation bonds in an amount not to exceed $84 million to keep the school at its best.
* Weekly Alibi-endorsed